11 Essential Summer Home Maintenance Tips
Whether you've purchased a new construction home or are looking to maintain your current abode, here are some helpful tips to keep things up during the summer.
1. Hose down the HVAC condenser and clear away any leaves or branches.
2. Inspect all windows and gaps to insure caulking has not failed and that the cool air is able to remain in your home.
3. Brush debris from deck and power wash. If necessary stain and seal deck.
4. Drain and remove debris from water heater to improve efficiency and maintain existing warranty coverage.
5. Check your ceiling dans. If your fans spin counterclockwise, they’ll push the air straight down to your home will stay nice and cool. To do this, turn off the fan, wait for it to stop, and find the direction switch and check that your fans are spinning counterclockwise.
6. Clean the vents in your bathroom fans.
7. Clean the dryer vent and exhaust duct.
8. Wash your window screens with soapy water and a gentle brush to remove pollen and debris.
9. Check downspouts for debris and remove if necessary.
10. Add mulch to keep weeds down and help the ground retain moisture in the heat.
11. Consider aerating your lawn if you current have warm weather grass such as Zoysia.